Star of the Week
When it is your turn to be the “Star of the Week” please…
1. Choose 4 or 5 photographs that are important to you. Attach an index card to the photograph to write a caption. Talk about the photos you choose with a family member and the stories behind them. The photos should highlight a memory, a hobby, an activity or special moment in your life.
2. Create an “All About Me” Collage. Use photographs, pictures, magazines, newspapers or images from the internet to create a collage. Glue your items onto a small piece of oak tag to tell us more about who you are (a flag to show your family’s origin, your interests, hobbies, favorites…).
Choose at least one of the following:
1. Share any collections that you have (seashells, coins, baseball cards…).
2. Share crafts or special objects that are meaningful to you and that tell us more about you (a baby blanket, a postcard from a place you visited, a souvenir...)
3. Demonstrate a skill that you have.
4. Invite a parent or family member to our class. They might want to read a book, tell a story, teach us something about the country your family is from, teach us a craft or skill or share an occupation with us.