Document Based Questions Resource Page
- Analyzing a Photograph
- Photo or Illustration Analysis Worksheet
- This worksheet can be used to analyze any picture or photo.
- MS Word Format(revised May 2003)
Photo Analysis Mini-Lesson
- Independent Practice: The History Place: Child Labor PhotosThis photo will be used by the class to practice in groups. Students can pick a photo or teacher can suggest one.
Extension Activity: What Do You See?
Analyzing a Poster
- Poster Analysis Worksheet
This worksheet can be used to analyze any poster.
- Word Format(revised May 2003)
- Analyzing a Poster (Broadside) Mini-Lesson:
- Guided Practice: Railroad Posterfrom NARA. This poster will be used as a whole class introduction to analyzing a poster.
- Analyzing Text
- Text Analysis Worksheet
- This worksheet can be used to analyze a variety of textual documents such as journal entries, letters, and other historical records other than posters or pictures.
Guided Practice:Civil War Letter from Union Nurse
- Primary Source Documents
- The Avalon Project : Articles of Confederation
- National Archives: Teaching with Documents
- USA: Waldo's Diary
- Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death
- American Revolution Primary Source Texts
- Spy Letters of the American Revolution -- From the Collections of the Clements Library, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Don Mabry's Historical Text Archive:
- Tools to Help Analyze Photos and other Primary Source Documents