STUDENT LUNCH INFORMATION
- There will be “1” and “2” lunch shifts for every lunch period for students. One half of the grade level period will be eating lunch; the other half will be in recess.
Period 4 – 7th Grade Lunch
Period 5 – 8th Grade Lunch
Period 6 – 6th Grade Lunch
- LUNCH 1 - will eat in the cafeteria during the first half of the period then report to the front field for the second half for recess.
- LUNCH 2 will report to the front field for the first half of the period and report to the cafeteria for the second half for lunch.
- The cafeteria will be available for eating the school lunch and lunches brought from home. No cupcakes, candy, etc. may be brought in to celebrate birthdays.
- Due to severe airborne allergies, we respectfully request that peanuts and peanut products not be brought to school.
- No student may be permitted to leave either the cafeteria or the outdoor recess unless dismissed by the person in charge.
- No student is permitted to go back indoors during recess.
- No food may be eaten outside of cafeteria.
- The cost of the lunch is $2.75 and breakfast is $1.00, unless you are on free or reduced lunch.
- Students MUST use their ID cards OR have their ID numbers memorized to be able to access the prepaid accounts. However, if students choose, they may still purchase lunch daily for cash WITHOUT using their ID cards.
- Any amount of money can be added to your account. The information is recorded on the cashier’s computer which keeps track of the money spent daily. When the amount left gets low, Food Service will send a letter informing parents. Parents can then send in an additional payment to add to the account or pay by credit card online at MyLunchMoney.com. Please make checks payable to Port Washington School District.
- Snacks can be paid for by his/her cash or the parents can choose to allow their child to use their ID card. If a parent does not want their child to have snacks, then they should sign a waiver form.
- If a student is paying cash, have the lunch money ready when waiting in line. Students should count their change before leaving the cash register.
- If students have a problem with either food or lunch money, they should see an adult on duty in the cafeteria to assist them.
- During inclement weather the auditorium will be used for recess. EVERYONE MUST GO OUTDOORS DURING RECESS.
- The TIME OUT room for ALL lunch shifts will be assigned based upon teacher duties and room assignments.